THE Rotary Club of Wauchope held its 60th Changeover Dinner at the Wauchope RSL Club on Tuesday July 3, with 115 rotarians, partners and guests in attendance.
Outgoing President Neville Parsons expressed his thanks to all members for their support in not only a very successful year in fundraising but also for their support in transforming the Club to make it relevant to new and younger members.
At the Changeover Neville formally handed the Presidency to Patti Berrigan who has only been a member of the Rotary Club since June 2009 but has already made significant contributions in Club activities and in particular the quest for new members.
Patti was well supported by family and friends including seven Samoan dancers who had travelled from Sydney with Patti's brother Bruce and his wife Tini to provide the entertainment for the Changeover.
The major recipients of funds raised throughout the year were the Wauchope District Memorial Hospital Palliative Care Unit ($6,900), The Rotary Foundation in support of the End Polio Now campaign as well as many other Rotary programs around the world ($7,400), Australian Rotary Health in support of Rural Mental Health ($2,000), Lifeline Mid Coast ($1,075) and Wauchope High School with the donation of 300 Dr Guy Hingston Gold Books on Health for Men and Women. Also supported during the year were Sing Australia - Wauchope and Wauchope Scouts.
Other beneficiaries as announced at the Changeover were Life Education Mid North Coast, Hastings Salvation Army, Hastings Urology Foundation, 2WayFM Community Radio, Hastings Men's Shed, Wauchope Public School, Hastings Education Fund, Historical Society Wauchope, Operation Cleft and allocations to other local Primary Schools.
Tova Roos the Club's Youth Exchange Student for the last 12 months was presented with a gift in appreciation of her year with the Club and all present wished Tova well for the future as she returns to Sweden on 11 July.
Awards and recognitions at the Changeover included:
· Marie Winter as Club Person of the Year. This Award is voted on by each member of the Rotary Club of Wauchope and every Club member other than the current Club President is eligible for the Award. In presenting this Award President Neville Parsons Congratulated Marie on her devotion and commitment to the Rotary Club of Wauchope.
· An Australian Rotary Health Silver Friend Award to Heather Secombe.
· An Australian Rotary Health Silver Friend Award to Dr Warwick Hain.
· A Rotary Foundation Paul Harris Fellow Recognition to John D Graham presented by Andy Neal on behalf of the late Eric Doyle.
· A Rotary Foundation Paul Harris Fellow Recognition to past president Wil Jamieson.
· A Rotary Foundation Paul Harris Fellow Sapphire Pin Recognition to Past President Ron Dures.
· A Rotary Foundation Paul Harris Fellow Sapphire Pin Recognition to Past Treasurer Stuart Weir. The Citation read:
Outgoing president Neville Parsoons said he thanked all members for giving him the honour of being president of Wauchope Rotary in 2011-2012 and for enabling him to continue his Rotary Journey throughout the year.
"I wish Patti all the best for her year as President of this great Club," Mr Parsons said.