The SES has issued a final flood warning for the Hastings River at Kindee, 36 kilometres west of Wauchope.
The Bureau of Meteorology has predicted that the Hastings River will remain below the minor flood level of 3.00 metres at the Kindee gauge during today, Thursday March 16.
This is a final warning. No further warnings will be issued for this event.
Further rainfall is forecast for the next 48 hours and the situation is being closely monitored and warnings and predictions will be re- issued if necessary.
The current River height at the Kindee gauge is 2.59 metres and rising as at 8.00am Thursday.
Flood water may start to come across low lying roads, bridges and causeways - it may inundate low lying properties in the area.
Should river heights continue to rise, residents need to consider the impact of potential isolation.
The NSW SES recommends the following actions:
- Impacted residents should be aware of possible isolation that could affect their work, family and educational commitments.
- If your property is at risk of inundation, please raise moveable items, such as furniture, as high as possible onto benches or tables, placing electrical items on top.
- If you live in a low-lying area and are advised by an emergency services officer to evacuate, please do so.
- Secure outside belongings and before leaving; turn off the power, water and take essential medicines and clothes with you.
- Never drive ride or walk through floodwater
- For emergency help in floods and storms, call the NSW SES on 132 500
- NSW SES website: www.ses.nsw.gov.au
- FloodSafe website: www.floodsafe.com.au
- In a life-threatening emergency call 000 (triple zero)
- Listen to the designated emergency broadcaster ABC Radio Mid North Coast and/or your local radio for further information.
- Road information, for local roads contact Council or log onto http://midnorthcoast.myroadinfo.com.au
- Road information on State Government managed roads go to the Live Traffic NSW website at http://livetraffic.rta.nsw.gov.au
- For rural animal and livestock assistance, contact your Local Land Services Office
- You can find more information on the weather in the catchments of the Hastings, Maria and Wilson Rivers from the Bureau of Meteorology website at www.bom.gov.au
Current River Heights as at 8.30 am:
- Kindee Bridge: 2.59 metres and rising
- Wauchope: 1.24 metres and rising
- Settlement Point: 0.17 metres and rising
The SES is monitoring the situation.
Keep listening to this radio station for updates.