Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea is a chance for people to come together, share a cuppa and some delicious food, and help those affected by cancer.
Now in its 24th year, the Biggest Morning Tea is one of the Cancer Council’s leading fundraising events.
Helen Mottee's wonderful music, and the mouthwatering array of sweet and savoury treats on offer will make it a morning tea to remember.
A uniquely musical morning tea will be held at Wauchope Arts Hall on Thursday May 25, 2017, and everyone in the community is welcome.
Delectable cakes, muffins and hand-made chocolates will be on offer, together with a lovely range of teas, including traditional favourites and some delightful herbal teas.
As a further special treat, local musician Helen Mottee will take her place at the hall’s superb grand piano to provide some enchanting live music.
“Helen Mottee is a hugely talented and much-loved member of our community, so I’m really excited that she’s agreed to be our special guest musician,” said Arts Council spokesperson, Krissa Wilkinson.
“Her wonderful music, and the mouthwatering array of sweet and savoury treats on offer will make it a morning tea to remember.”
Donations collected on the day will help fund vital research, prevention and support services. Donations over $2 are tax deductible and receipts will be available on the day.
“Cancer has affected so many lives, so let’s see what the Wauchope community can do to support the Cancer Council’s important work,” Krissa concluded.
Morning tea will be available from 10am until 12 noon on Thursday May 25. Bring plenty of gold coins as there will be a raffle plus scrumptious tea, coffee and treats on offer.
Wauchope Community Arts Hall is located in Oxley Lane, beside Rotary Hall and opposite Bain Park. Plenty of parking is available.
To get involved, find out more or make a donation please phone Krissa on 0429 854 733 or email email@example.com. Prizes for the raffle and donations are very welcome.
How your money helps
Every dollar raised by Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea goes to a great cause and makes a real difference helping to fund Cancer Council’s vital research, prevention and support service programs. With one Australian being diagnosed with cancer every five minutes, there has never been a better time to get involved.
- $25: Funds resources to support GPs and health professionals advising patients on cancer prevention, screening and diagnosis.
- $50: Ensures a cancer nurse is available on our free, confidential telephone service (13 11 20) to offer support on all aspects of cancer.
- $100: Allows us to support childcare centres and primary schools taking part in the National Sunsmart Schools Program.
- $500: Helps fund the provision of telephone and web-based support groups facilitated by trained peer volunteers and health professionals.
- $1000: Brings our ground-breaking research into new and better ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer.