The numbers of people doing it tough who are coming to Wauchope Country Club for a meal every Monday is rising and Wauchope Community @ 3 are delighted.
Volunteer Victoria Fox has been speaking to our journalist Letitia Fitzpatrick.
HOW TO FIND HELP IN WAUCHOPE:
- St Matthew’s Anglican Church, 53 Cameron Street, Community Lunch, Tuesdays 11.30am-1.30pm
- Uniting Church, Hastings Street, Lunch Fridays, 11.30am-1.30pm
- St Vincent De Paul, 40 Cameron Street, Welfare Tuesday and Thursday, appointments only, Centrelink income statement needed
- Presbyterian Church, 41 Campbell Street, Care packages can be made available with rations of food and clothing
- Salvation Army, 7 Mackay Street, Welfare Tuesdays 10am to 12noon, must make appointment on 24-hour hotline: 1300 371 288
- Seventh Day Adventist Church, Sarah’s Crescent, King Creek, lunch fourth Saturday of the month, 12-1pm
- Neighbourhood Centre, Waugh Street, Open Monday to Thursday, 9.30am to 2.30pm, free food available on Mondays from 9.30am.
- Lifeline, 41 Cameron Street, 24-hour crisis counselling 131114, Wauchope High School breakfast club for students, apply at office.
- Meals on Wheels, 1/5 High Street, 6585 2386
- Community Health, assistance with housing, advocacy, filling out forms, 6588 2665