An early morning fire has gutted a shed full of furniture in Cameron Street in Wauchope.
The blaze broke out some time before 7am today (Monday February 12) across the road from Wauchope RSL, at the shed behind the Outlier antique shop. It has been closed for several months.
The owner, Lucas Campbell, said that thankfully, his mother and brother and their dogs who live on the premises escaped injury.
“The firefighters were great, and fortunately no-one was hurt. We lost furniture, which was stored in the shed. We haven’t been open for a couple of months, but we do plan to open again,” he said.
Mr Campbell believes the fire started accidentally. Firefighters from Port Macquarie helped put out the flames.
Volunteers at the Legacy op shop next door said they were relieved that the flames hadn’t spread to the back of their premises.