Old School Building vs Bain Park:
- School building is 100 years old
- Remodelled, buy now unrecognisable from the original eg; verandahs gone
- Bain Park green space would be lost forever
- As a museum it would be available just for the use of a select few
- Given to the people, by the people, for perpetuity in 1911
- Also been remodelled, but to its detriment, by land resumptions for other uses
- The population of Wauchope and environs is exploding.
- Green space is becoming more precious, and needs to be preserved for generations to come
- The preservation of Bain Park in its present state is vital to the social health of our town
- Whenever any parkland has been resumed, it is gone forever, and the community is the poorer for its loss.
I wish to go on record that I, along with many others, object vehemently to the current proposition of using Bain Park for any purpose other than parkland.
Lyn Carter, Wauchope