Get ready to get arty and crafty in Wauchope this Saturday.
Now in its second year, the Creative Wauchope Festival is again gearing up to showcase an array of local talent on Saturday 11 May in Bain Park. Locals and visitors can book in to one of the many workshops being held around Wauchope on the day or come down and enjoy the festival atmosphere in Bain Park.
The festival brings together local creative talent, with a focus on homemade local art, craft and creative pursuits. It is a one-day family friendly community event designed to raise awareness and encourage participation and interest in all forms of the arts.
The Creative Wauchope Festival aims to inspire, engage, support and connect the creative community of Wauchope; bringing the vibrancy of creativity into the retail environment and the public realm for locals and visitors alike.
Creative Wauchope is an initiative of the thriving creative community in Wauchope. This vibrant and active group of retailers, artists and designers is banding together to promote the many creative industries that Wauchope has to offer.
The festival has been enabled in part by a Regional Arts NSW Country Arts Support Program (CASP) grant. Creative Wauchope is a subcommittee of the Wauchope Chamber of Commerce.
Just in time for Mothers' Day - book Mum in to one of the many workshops being held on the day - grab a coffee and watch local dancers and musicians perform, soak up the atmosphere with the family in beautiful Bain Park or peruse the market stalls for a great, locally made gift.
Artists and Makers Market, 10am-3pm Bain Park:
- 10am: Live Music by Steve B
- 11am: Valley Guitars students Phoenix (singer guitarist)
- and Xavier and Drew (duo), and band
- 12.30pm: Movement Studio Dancers
- 1pm: Live Music from Jim and Sue
- 1.45pm: Movement Studio Dancers
- 2.15pm: Live Music by Kelly Gould
- Live Music by Kallen Farley (front of Bain Park)
Creative Workshops - Held in various venues around the Wauchope CBD:
- Creative Wauchope - Polymer Clay Beads 10:00 AM
- Creative Wauchope - Felting 1 , 10:00 AM
- Creative Wauchope - Batik Flag Workshop, 10:00 AM
- Creative Wauchope - Collage, 10:00 AM
- Creative Wauchope - Clay Handbuilding, 10:00 AM
- Creative Wauchope - Felting 2, 12:00 PM
- Creative Wauchope - Batik Flag Workshop 2, 1:00 PM
- Creative Wauchope - Clay Handbuilding 2, 1:00 PM
- Smart Portraits - A smartphone photography workshop with Ronnie Grammatica Book HERE
- Fun Painting on Canvas Class with The Seed Creative Workshops, 10am and 2pm, Bain Park $20 pp
- Wander Creative Wauchope...
- Wauchope Bonsai Group, 10am-2pm, Rotary Hall, Oxley Lane
- Creative Bakery at Colonial Bakehouse, Hastings St
- Artworks with Wild Fire Tattoo, Hastings St
- Faces of the Hastings Photographic Installation, Hastings St and Oxley Lane. Take a tour with the artist
- Take your picture with wings and show your support for the 'If We All Had Wings' charity, Bransdon St
Be sure to head to www.creativewauchope.com.au for the latest info, how to register to have a stall or workshops and how to book in to attend a workshop
ALSO MAKING NEWS: