The community are invited to come out and support the 2019 Alive and Well on Farms Ride for the Chopper from 13-20 September, raising funds for the Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service.
75 riders and support crew are participating in the 2019 event, riding over 500km from Coffs Harbour to Tamworth over seven days, travelling through Valla Beach, South West Rocks, Port Macquarie, Wauchope and Walcha before riding into Tamworth.
Now in its 19th year, the Service's CEO Richard Jones said the continued success of the ride is testament to the dedication of the volunteers and participants that make it possible.
"Each year we are blown away by the commitment these riders and support crew make to the Service by participating in the Alive and Well on Farms Ride for the Chopper."
"Whether they are first time riders or have been doing it for over 10 years, all of the participants are taking part to help keep the Westpac Rescue Helicopter ready to respond 24-7 for those in need."
Everyone is invited to support the riders along the way:
- Friday 13 September - Bus departs the Tamworth Helicopter Base for Coffs Harbour at 9:30am. Riders on base from 8:00am.
- Saturday 14 September - Coffs Harbour to Valla Beach
- Sunday 15 & Monday 16 September - South West Rocks
- Tuesday 17 September - Port Macquarie
- Wednesday 18 September - Wauchope
- Thursday 19 September - Walcha
- Friday 20 September - Ride into Calala Inn Tamworth