The Wauchope Blues came together to celebrate the end of another great season recently.
Despite going down to the Macleay Valley Mustangs at the final hurdle the team had a lot to celebrate after a stellar year.
Blues spokesperson Ged Roods said the team had enjoyed coming together one last time for the season.
"The Wauchope Blues enjoyed a great end to their season hosting their presentation night at major sponsor the Hastings Hotel," Roods said.
"It was a great night had by all with roughly 100 in attendance including players, sponsors and supporters.
"A lot of different players were recognised for their efforts throughout the season especially in first grade where they finished the season runners up."
He said the awards night was a chance for the club to acknowledge individuals who went above and beyond throughout the season.
"The two major club awards the Dan Roods player club person and Andy Neal club person of the year went to two very deserving winners,' he said.
"Karen Roods was in attendance to present late husband Dan Roods' award to Mat Bird.
"Bird gave a tearful speech making note that he was once coached by Dan and it was an honour to win the award.
"Club secretary, and the glue that holds the club together, Lorraine Markezic won the Andy Neal club person of the year.
"Lorraine made mention that she loves being involved in such a family friendly club and encouraged everyone to keep playing their part in keeping the club running."
- Best back- Kayla Allen
- Best forward- Tori Marr-Harris
- Players Player- Teleah Waitoa
- Coaches award- Elle Atkinson
- Player of the year- Tori Marr-Harris
- Best back- Mason Taylor
- Best Forward- Ben Dornan
- Players player- Nathan Graham
- Coaches Award- Justin Eggert
- Player of the year- Ben Dornan
- Best Back- Ryan Maggs
- Best forward- Blake Darlington
- Players player- Pat Roche
- Coaches Award- Tyson Lyon
- Player of the year- Mick Mcinnes
- Best back- Beau White
- Best forward- Mat Bird
- Players player- Ollie Pascoe
- Coaches Award- Sam Akeroyd
- Player of the finals- Sam Watts
- Player of the year- Tristan Scott
- Mick Sullivan memorial old boys player of the year- Ollie Pascoe.
- Dan Roods memorial player club person of the year- Mat Bird
- Andy Neal memorial Club person of the year- Lorraine Markezic.